If you live in or around southern California, this past weekend there is no avoiding the word “Coachella” in all aspects of your life, filling up your Facebook and Twitter feeds, advertised on Pandora, most likely over half of your friends are there! So if you’re not, it’s kind of a lame weekend… unless you decide to throw your own “make your own Coachella party” at home, which is exactly what I did!
Those few friends left hanging around Los Angeles this weekend joined up at my house for food, drinks, music and glow sticks!
Things you will need:
- Glow sticks, in the form of necklaces, bracelets, whatever you can get your hands on!
- Music, I think this one is pretty obvious! I used the “Coachella 2012″ station on Pandora, but you can set it to whatever Music Festival theme you’re going for (EX: SXSW, EDC, WMC)!
- Food and drinks (menu below)
Since traditional music festivals involve camping out, on the menu were “sophisticated substitutes” for traditional camp fire foods including:
- Traditional: Cold Cut Sandwiches
- Sophisticated Substitute: sweet and savory grilled cheese sandwiches
- Fig and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken and Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese
- Traditional: Chips and Salsa
- Sophisticated Substitute: Mango Avocado Fillo Baskets
- Traditional: Brownies
- Sophisticated Substitute: Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
- Traditional: Hot Dogs
- Sophisticated Substitute: Bacon wrapped hot dogs with grilled onions/bell peppers/jalapeños, AKA the official hot dog of Los Angeles (look it up, it’s an actual thing!)
- Traditional: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
- Sophisticated Substitute: PB&J Chicken Skewers
- Traditional: Fruit Punch
- Sophisticated Substitute: Fresh Fruit Sangria